When I was 12 years old, I got my first Apple IIc computer as a gift. I quickly learned all the features this computer offered compared to other brands that were available at that time. It was really ahead of its class!
Quite some years later (i.e., flash forward to 2007) I bought a MacBook and again experienced the excitement, spark of creativity, user-friendliness, and same innovation that I also felt as a kid. Along with the MacBook came an iPod touch and not long after, the iPad and iPhone.
I have always been passionate about computers, electronics and the digital world but above all I discovered at an early age that I always liked explaining and teaching other people about computers. I did it for many years with my parents, I do it nowadays with my wife and friends, and it gives me great joy realizing that I can help others by making somewhat complicated issues simple.
This blog is about teaching you how to use the iPad
Hello, my name is Gabriel. I’m a computer engineer by profession and was a recreational leader in the past. You can think of me as your “friendly nerd” :-))
I’ve been working on putting together this blog for more than 4 years now. I want to help you learn about the iPad and its features. I want you to have an informal guide to this powerful gadget so you can use it and enjoy it wisely.
This blog will show you:
- Getting started with your iPad and the basics
- How to use many of the built in features of the iPad
- How to connect your iPad to Wi-Fi or Cellular networks
- Fun and cool accessories for your iPad
- How to download and choose from the many Apps for yourself, your kids or grandkids
- Plus, much more….
But you feel you have very little knowledge about the iPad!
Then you have come to the right place!
I’m working on keeping my posts simple and easy to follow. I assume you have no previous knowledge about the iPad. I run my content through my chief editor (my wife) and some friends and family who also own iPads to try to keep things clear and easy to understand.
Your comments are welcome :)
Why am I taking the time to do this ?
I have many reasons for doing this:
- I am passionate about computers and teaching other people about them (wait, did I say that already ?)
- From time to time you may notice some ads and some affiliate links on my blog. My hope is that these services and products will help you save money and get the most out of your iPad while at the same time contribute a small amount towards an upgrade or the research done for the site.
- I recently completed a university diploma in Internet marketing and social media which I genuinely enjoyed. This blog will allow me to apply these skills and help other people learn about the iPad.
- Teaching you about the iPad will keep me learning, searching and discovering new apps and accessories. What could be cooler than that?!